Nicole's Class Blog

Monday, June 22, 2009

Final Project Ideas

Green team!! Green just happens to be my favorite color! As a team, we discussed possible ideas for our final project, and it seemed like we all had similar ideas about what we wanted to focus on. Social networking has become an almost required part of life as a young adult. I would find it extremely difficult to feel connected to my friends and family if I didn't have Facebook, Twitter, and my blog. And it seems like the age for the social network debut is getting younger. We think that social networks are great tools for teaching and classroom community building. We hope to look at Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and CyWorld, a Korean site. Julie showed us CyWorld, and I must say I was impressed with it. It integrates a lot of the features of the above websites, and it seems very user friendly. Julie explained that it's very popular with teachers already because they can post blogs, photos, video, and instructions. If we had a full semester, it might be interesting to see if we could get the ball rolling on a similar website that's strictly for education. I wonder what kind of programming skills it would take to do that--I guess my limited tablemaking skills won't cut it for such a high tech project--but remember, Facebook was started by a college kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home