Ok, let's get on with it...
I must admit (and I'm sure it's clear) that I have been hesitant to write in this blog. I have had a personal blog since I was in the 9th grade, so I thought I might be perfectly happy writing one for school. So what held me back? I think it was the requirement that I blog about a certain topic (whether or not it was important to me--but for the record, it is!). I balked at the idea of a "homework" blog--for me, blogs were supposed to be fun, light fare. I might even say that I resented this blog for encroaching on my personal blog musings. And as I sat here thinking about how I didn't want to write anything more than the light anecdotes I'm accustomed to when blogging, I realized that the silly things I've been writing about all along are actually quite an important part of my life. I remembered that some of my closest friends and I began our friendships when they began reading my blog. I was fairly shy in high school, and my blog was the perfect place to let my outgoing, funny self speak. Well, those friends read about that person, and suddenly I could be that person in real life too! Soon, we all had blogs, and now, they're more important than ever. We're spread out around the country (one in each US time zone!) and we blog to stay in touch. And my blog is constantly evolving--now, my Twitter updates are fed into a new entry each day to add another level of communication. If I could give one piece of advice to a shy (but secretly witty) young student, it would be to get online and start a blog, or a Twitter account, or do a podcast--anything that will initiate that vital community that will lead to creative discoveries and personal development.
So--my point? I've realized that an "important" blog isn't something to be scared of, but something to be embraced. So in the next few entries I'll try to describe the other little epiphanies I've had during this class.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home